*Deadline extended to Monday 17 August 2020*
Are you an active ecologist with a passion for science communication? Apply by Monday 17 August 2020 to become our first Blog Associate Editor and help stimulate dialogue and communicate robust science with the applied ecology community.
The Blog Associate Editor role
– This is a voluntary position –
The key responsibilities and duties include:
- Commissioning and/or writing content for the blog
- Copyediting draft posts from authors
- Formatting and uploading posts to the blog
- Providing copy for promoting blog posts on social media accounts and actively helping promote social media posts
We’re looking for applicants with:
- Graduate degree in ecology or equivalent
- Excellent written English
- Effective and clear communication
- Keen eye for detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify gaps in current content and devise new initiatives
- Tenacity and self-motivation
- Experience of contributing to a scientific blog or similar
- Experience with podcasting and video editing desired, but not essential
The Blog Associate Editor will be working remotely from wherever they are based. We welcome applicants from any academic career stage and from anywhere in the world. The role is anticipated to require in the region of eight hours per month.
The successful candidate will receive the same benefits as the journal’s other Associate Editors including free registration to the British Ecological Society Annual Meeting every year, and a year’s free membership to the BES with a 50% discount for subsequent years on the Board. Full details of the BES membership benefits can be found here.
For more information about the responsibilities of the role and to apply, visit the BES website.