Wherever you are in the world, we have a great opportunity for you to join the Editorial Board for either Journal of Applied Ecology or Ecological Solutions and Evidence. Apply by Friday 31 July 2020 to become an Associate Editor and support the relationship between ecological science and the management of biological resources.
The Associate Editor role
We’re looking for:
- An active researcher with a PhD (or, for Ecological Solutions and Evidence, equivalent practical experience) in a field relevant to the journal scope
- Evidence of an active and relevant publication record for current career stage
- Experience of reviewing
- Expertise in relevant subject areas within the scope of the journal (see below for specific topics of interest to each journal)
The Associate Editor role is voluntary. Associate Editors are entitled to free personal access to the journal and free registration to the British Ecological Society Annual Meeting every year. In addition to this, they receive a year’s free membership to the BES, with a 50% discount for subsequent years on the board. Full details of BES membership benefits can be found here.
We value the benefits that diversity brings & seek to create an inclusive culture. Our journals welcome and encourage applications from all sectors of society & geographic regions.
For more information about the responsibilities of the role and to complete the application form, visit the BES website.
Journal-specific subject areas
Ecological Solutions and Evidence encourage applicants with expertise in the following areas:
- Aquatic (marine and freshwater) biomes
- Method development in applied research and practice
- Long-term studies and datasets
- Pedagogy of research principles and evidence interpretation
- Seed and soil ecology
- Plant–pathogen interactions
The journal is inviting applications from people working at the interface of research and practice or policy to further expand the current Editorial Board of applied researchers working in academia and practitioners in a range of roles.
We can provide support for practitioners who require approval from their managers or organisation leaders to apply, in the form of a letter on the benefits of the role and how it fits with existing work commitments.
Journal of Applied Ecology are looking for applications from those with expertise in the following areas:
- Bird ecology
- Conservation: optimisation, planning and decision-making
- Disease ecology
- Entomology and plant–insect interactions
- Freshwater ecology
- Grassland ecology: connectivity and dispersal
- Human-wildlife conflict
- Invasive species
- Landscape ecology
- Mammals (large) in terrestrial ecosystems: population dynamics, trophic interactions and plant–herbivore interactions
- Marine: methods for assessing the past and current status of fish, invertebrate and mammal populations
- Modified/disturbed environments (ecology in): including impacts of historic land-use management, and infrastructure avoidance and development (e.g. behavioural and population-level responses to windmills, wind turbines, etc)
- Molecular ecology: applications to biodiversity and land management
- Pollinators: predator and biocontrol/pest-control ecosystem services
- Restoration ecology
- Soil and above-ground below-ground feedbacks
- Species interactions (all levels of taxa)
- Urban ecology
- Ungulates: grazing and its impacts on biodiversity
Apply by 31 July 2020 by completing this form. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
4 thoughts on “Join our journals as an Associate Editor”